Tuesday 16 July 2013

Pages from Diary - 14

So I will be in new city.. Pune!!

I have had this weird attraction towards Pune since really long time. All of my friends in highschool and in college too have one or more kith and kins in Pune. Some people even hailed from Pune. They always used to brag about what did they buy in Pune, latest fashion, trendy shrugs, clutches, flats, accessories and food too. Having all my relatives in Kolhapur, i have never been to Pune neither I had anyone there.. I always bought clothes from here itself and I never even occasionally went there. And all I kept hearing was about Pune. I was a lot curious about the city itself and also the people there.

I tried to postpone this thing but finally I am going there for further education for say one year at least. I am not even a bit excited. Rather tense!!

In my recent trip to Pune for inquiry about the course I want to take up, I saw some girls at that center. Most of them were of my age with loads of makeup on face, perfectly trendy and well may not be chic. I need to mention that none of them was a french chic.

Well, I will never fit here. No..I am not deciding anything. But I just feel that mentally and emotionally, I might end up being an outsider. I am not makeup-freak neither I have long, beautiful finger nails to pop up a bold manicure. I am not pretty. I like greys, blacks, navy blues, beiges and purples. I would hardly pop up any statement accessory because I would say I dislike them. I can not type or work or write if I wear rings or wristwatch or bangles or bracelets. I don't like neck-pieces. I keep my nails colorless almost always and I never grow them.(I cut my nails every other day.) I carry so much stuff with me that it can not fit in a handbag or even worse a clutch.

I am student at heart, can not do without diaries, books, stationery, writing pads etc. And a plain jane, too.. Makeup is not really my thing. So does being chic. I almost have never followed fashion trends. I never shop for the sake of shopping or just try cosmetics. I am skeptic and rarely spendthrift.   Perfectly happy with good books, good food and solitude.

I wonder how I am going to live in this city...