Monday 4 February 2013

Sakura-I

She knocked the door.
"Yes. Come in.." He replied.
She slid the fusuma and went in.
There were a couple of laptops, pile of books, papers, moleskines scattered all around the ima.
He was sitting on the futon couch..
She nervously looked at him. His warm and wide toothy smile made her feel comfy.
"Saké?" He asked.
"No. Thanks." She said.
"Ok then coffee at least?"
"Alright."
As he went to make coffee, she took a close look to the room.
It was well organized and messed up at the same time.
The laptops did not have a single icon on desktop. Journals looked new and the ikebana in the corner was looking pleasent.
He came back with 2 mugs of steaming coffee. 
As they were sipping coffee, " What are you doing these days?" she asked, breaking the silence.
"Nothing special.." He said smilingly.. "I code in the day and write in the night.."
"I am sorry" she said.
"For what?"
"................"
"See, I still like you..and I still love you.."
"................"
"What???"
"Oh. nothing..."
"Don't you feel that you have lost me?? Don't you miss me?"
"................."
"Tell na.."
"Frankly speaking.. No. I don't miss you.."
"................."
"Well, look like this.. We are no longer together.. True.. But that is your perspective.. I personally don't think so.. You are with me always.. You are here in my present moment..when I am awake..and when I am asleep too.. You are in my dreams and you are in my poems.. You are in my coffee and you are in my sushi.. You are in my code too..."
"................."
"I used to miss you.. But not any more.."
"................."
"Din't you like anyone else after me??"
"What after you?? It is not over. At least for me..'"
"But why?? Why this?? Why are you hurting yourself??? Get over me.. I don't deserve you..."
"I know my hurt and pains. And you don't have to tell me what to do."



to be continued....